Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am student marketing and a long time mercedes fan. Got my first kick during my first ride in my uncles Mercedes-Benz R107. Unbelievable experience.

Right now, i am completing my masters degree in marketing, and I finally got the possibility to research a topic that has been on my mind for a long time. The image of Mercedes. In the Netherlands, some people see mercedes as kind of an obnoxious car to drive. It's one of the cars that get's keyed the most. How it got this far is something i have been researching for half a year now, but now i want to take my research international. For this, i would like to ask some mercedes drivers from around the world a single question (how do people look at mercedes in: *enter your country here*), but i wanted to ask the forum's permission first before spreeing my ammo on the wrong topic.

Would it be ok if i opened a topic about this question?

I thank you in advance for your answer!

Niels
University of Amsterdam

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I think the feelings of the Netherlands are pretty universal. Here in the US most benz drivers are perceived as pompous, even more so than drivers of other luxury brands. People LOVE ripping off benz hood ornaments.. At the same time though, they are the ultimate status symbol to many.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Here in China the people love and respect German engineered cars, Mercedes Benz/BMW/Porsche/Audi/VW. But like the rest of the planet a luxury car such as MB will attract unsavory people, we get at least one car a week that has been keyed and needs repainting:mad: There is a huge divide between rich and poor here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your answers! And yes, it seems as if in Europe and America, Mercedes seems to have a pompous image, but in Asia the image is more of a upperclass brand. I am still wondering how people perceive this in places like South America or Russia.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts