Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm brand new to the forum and also brand new to MB ownership.

I've been looking for a van for a few months now to kit out as bit of a mountain bike and dog carrying vehicle.

Anyway, I managed to find a really nice 2008 Vito 109 cdi with only 1 owner and 17'000 miles which I'm over the moon with:thumbsup:

I'm currently in the process of arranging to have the back converted and was looking at putting a few 12v sockets in the rear compartment.

I have a company looking to convert the van for me, but they've asked me a few questions which I'm unsure about. I'm not going for anything spectacular, just plyline, full carpet, led strip lights and some 12v power sockets.

Looking through the forum, you all seem to be a knowledgable lot, so I thought I'd see if anyone could help :)

I've been asked to find out if the Vito has a wire carrying boot fitted to the sliding door for carrying the wires through to the main body ?

Also if the 2008 Vito already has a 12volt split charge system fitted?

I really appreciate your help.

Andy

·
Registered
Vito 111CDi 2004
1,109 Posts
There's no split charge system fitted to the Vito as standard. There's also no boot to the sliding door. Most wiring to the back of the van runs centrally under the plywood floor and splits off to the left and right about 6" from the back edge of the ply floor.

It's easy to fit a split charge system with the voltage sensing relay (towsure stuff for example). Have a look at my blog for a full conversion

HTH

Adam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts