Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 vito 110 cdi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello yall, ive been using this forum for the past two weeks whilst attempting to fix my vito 110 cdi, 2001.

I succesfully removed the injector but had to helicoil for the clamp bolt.
after 1 or2 attempts the blowin washer is now fixed. since the `mechanic` who was helping me lost parts of the interior of the old injector i had to buy a new one.

Since fitting i have also changed the bulbs in the dash and now notice im 18000 miles past a service and have 2 spanners at the side of the number?
would this bring on a limp mode?

also, the engine was turned with no electrical connecter on the injector, could this cause a fault interruption from the electronics?

The van fired up no problem after fitting the new injector, but ran lumpy, asthough misfiring, with white smoke. I assumed this was air in the system and i had also changed the fuel filter as well as having the injector out.

After running for a week the smoke is still there, and its down on power. I dont have any funds left as the injector job in totoal up to now hits £350,
in tools etc and im just a peasent gardener. If i dont fix it soon, i fear for its life.:surrender:
any help much appreciated
please help

·
Registered
2001 vito 110 cdi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the nit at the motor factors had sold me the wrong injector, you were right, it was the new injector overfueling, got the new injector, popprd it in started first time , no smoke , lots of anxious smiles, turns out ive finally fixed the bugger, only a faulty brake light switch and a wishbone bush left until reliable motoring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts