Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CLK350 Coupe
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 350. I did a VIN decode and it shows a couple of items I'm trying to clarify. Hopefully someone can help. I'm new to Mercedes.

951 Sports package USA - What does this include?
955 ELEGANCE - What does this include?
P01 INVALID / SALES CODE FOR PRICE - Is this anything?
387 Mob. phone prewiring (UHI) f. - Does this mean it has hands free?

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
CLK63 Convertible MY2007 / Lotus Esprit V8 MY 2002
19 Posts
Sports Package: 17" 10-spoke wheels, perforated brake rotors, lowered sport tuned suspension.
Elegance: Glovebox CD changer, Harman/Kardon Logic 7 sound system, UHI prewiring for hands free, auto-dimming mirrors, sunroof and Sirius Sat Radio.

·
Registered
2003 SL500 & 2001 CLK 430
1 Posts
Sports Package: 17" 10-spoke wheels, perforated brake rotors, lowered sport tuned suspension.
Elegance: Glovebox CD changer, Harman/Kardon Logic 7 sound system, UHI prewiring for hands free, auto-dimming mirrors, sunroof and Sirius Sat Radio.
Where did you get the information on the Elegance package? or any package (SA Code) for that matter. I've looked everywhere.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
CLK63 Convertible MY2007 / Lotus Esprit V8 MY 2002
19 Posts
Where did you get the information on the Elegance package? or any package (SA Code) for that matter. I've looked everywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Got it from an original Mercedes USA price options sheet.

·
Registered
2000 E320 Original Owner 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet
179 Posts
Let me go ahead and explain the UHI to you to save you a bunch of trouble. It basically means nothing. It is not plug and play hands free. It requires you to spend a bunch of money to get hands free. If this is something you really want I suggest the Cartronics device. I looked at going the MB route and decided against it mainly because the MB install only gives you the hands free phone option. The Cartronics device not only gives you phone but also ipod capabilities and you can also stream your music with bluetooth. If you want the ipod going the MB route you have to buy another device besides the phone install. I don't know if you can stream music using bluetooth at all with the MB device.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,052 Posts
Prewiring just means that the wiring harness for the UHI dock is installed in the center console. This is a $50 wiring harness that comes included as part of other options that use the same wiring harness (like heated seats, IIRC). The actual UHI "dock" and electronics that interface a phone to the car are not included with that and cost another $1,200 retail (you may find them on eBay for around $700). Plus you still have to buy the Bluetooth "puck" to plug into the docking cradle (another $200+/-).

So, if all you have is "prewiring", you have a lot of money to spend to connect a phone. Most people in this situation buy the Viseeo (a.k.a Cartronics) module that does it all. It's around $800. The aftermarket and OEM units function the same except for one difference - the MBZ interface uses the built-in mic, where the aftermarket requires an external mic to be added to the vehicle.

If you have a UHI dock in your center console, then you can buy either the MBZ Bluetooth puck (about $200), or an aftermarket unit that might add other features like music streaming and better directory support (around $400).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts