Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this before but not as a seperate thread. <br> <br> I have a Benz 300CD with a 5-speed manual. I'd like to know:<br> <br> How much will this thing tow? A 350SL perhaps?<br> How can I increase the fuel milage and efficiency of the 5-banger diesel? <br> What is the largest 14' tire that will fit?<br> <br> Also, would a VW Vanagon mag wheel bolt on this or a W107 SL? 14x6' 112mm bolt pattern and 38mm offset are the specs of said VW wheel. ANy ideas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I just purchased a 1985 300 CD turbo Diesel. I was wondering what year your 300 CD was and what if any problems you've had with it.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Steve

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Hello and 300CD Help...+stevens question

205/70/14 is a good size for the 14' rims.<br>
<br>
I had 16x9 lorensers on my 300CD 83 with 225/50/R16, they only rubbed when I made a left hand turn up a steep drive way...Simply massaging the fenders solves that problem. My friend is running 18x9s on his 300TD with I believe 245/45/18 so you can fit quite a bit under these cars. I have some 245/45/R16s. I think that they arent tall enough. They fit though on 16x9s, but they are just about an inch shorter than the 195/70/r14 and they dont look quite right.<br>
<br>
I actually was walking around campus the other day and I saw a vanagon, with some mercedes wheels one it. The fourteens that come with the W123s. So I would think they would bolt onto your mercedes.<br>
<br>
hope this helps,<br>
<br>
email if you want more info,<br>
Austin<br>
<br>
For steven. Common problems so far. I drove down the freeway and my throttle bracket broke which is attached to the firewall. The cruise control still worked because it controled the injector pump, but I couldnt get the throttle to work because the rubber part in the back broke.<br>
<br>
Sometimes water pools in the back of the front seats of by the front seats, I hear you can replace the weather strip and it should stop it. I havent done that yet. <br>
<br>
My rear window regulators broke. I just dont roll down the back windows for now. The regulators are bout 125 each.<br>
<br>
one of my vacuum elements went bad which made the engine not shut off...Easy fix.<br>
<br>
Those are some things that came to the top of my head when you asked about problems.<br>
<br>
Good luck,<br>
<br>
Austin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.