Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that this site is what many C36/43 owners have been waiting for so lets spread the word and get a good base of users so we can make a run of it! <p>Also, as a way to start things off, list your car and any mods....this may not only help soemone find a source for a hard to find part but will give others ideas. <p>Best Regards, <p>Carl Jerritts<br>'96 US Spec C36 White<br>Euro Headlights/Side Markers<br>S600 Look Grill<br>SS Brake Lines/ATE Fluid/Pagid Pads<br>Euro Springs<br>Waiting for 3.27 ratio rear diff with limited slip and ASR defeat for some real fun!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Where did you get the ASR defeat switch?

I've been looking for a way to turn this off.<br>I hate when it starts to brake and stop me <br>from having some fun. =(<p>Thanks.<p>GeraldAMG<br>98 C43 with C1,K2<br>Eibach Springs<br>Bilstein Shocks<br>ASR and ESP <----out please<p>: I think that this site is what many C36/43 owners have been waiting for so lets spread the word and get a good base of users so we can make a run of it! <p>Also, as a way to start things off, list your car and any mods....this may not only help soemone find a source for a hard to find part but will give others ideas. <p>Best Regards, <p>Carl Jerritts<br>'96 US Spec C36 White<br>Euro Headlights/Side Markers<br>S600 Look Grill<br>SS Brake Lines/ATE Fluid/Pagid Pads<br>Euro Springs<br>Waiting for 3.27 ratio rear diff with limited slip and ASR defeat for some real fun!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How's the handling of your c36?

: I think that this site is what many C36/43 owners have been waiting for so lets spread the word and get a good base of users so we can make a run of it! <p>Also, as a way to start things off, list your car and any mods....this may not only help soemone find a source for a hard to find part but will give others ideas. <p>Best Regards, <p>Carl Jerritts<br>'96 US Spec C36 White<br>Euro Headlights/Side Markers<br>S600 Look Grill<br>SS Brake Lines/ATE Fluid/Pagid Pads<br>Euro Springs<br>Waiting for 3.27 ratio rear diff with limited slip and ASR defeat for some real fun!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Where did you get the ASR defeat switch?

: I've been looking for a way to turn this off.<br>I hate when it starts to brake and stop me <br>from having some fun. =(<p>Thanks.<p>GeraldAMG<br>98 C43 with C1,K2<br>Eibach Springs<br>Bilstein Shocks<br>ASR and ESP <----out please<p>: <p>Gerald, <p>I think what you are referring to is the ABD(Automatic Brake Differential in Porsche terms). This works as a semi limited slip differential and remains active up to about 30mph even with the ASR switched off. <p>You should have an ASR defeat switch in your car now but it only eliminates the back off of the throttle and stability control. <p>As an answer to your question with the above comments in mind....Brabus sells a defeat switch to shut the entire system down but without a limited slip differential, you will light-up when tire and go no where in a big hurry. My intentions are to install a limited slip diff(40% lockup) and disable the entire system at the computer level. The parts for this are about $3500. <p>May want to so what the car would be like without the ASR by pulling the ABS fuse(I think you can do this) which would set a fault in the ASR and thus disable it letting you experience the car with no ASR BUT YOU WILL HAVE NO ABS SO DON'T LOCK A WHEEL! Don't want to see anyone with flatspotted tires!<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: How's the handling of your c36?

I honestly can't say as I haven't picked the car up from the shop yet! If you email me in a week, I can give you a full report. Also, I noticed that Gerald who posted below has a similar package so you may want to ask him too. <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Carl Thanks for the info. Where is the ASR switch ? more

I see the ESP switch but no ASR. Even when I turn<br>the ESP off, it's not fully off. It still brakes<br>the wheel a bit. $3,500 seems pretty high. Does <br>this come with installation ? If ever, I think<br>I'll get the Defeat from brabus but not the <br>LSD.<p>Gerald<br>: : I've been looking for a way to turn this off.<br>I hate when it starts to brake and stop me <br>from having some fun. =(<p>Thanks.<p>GeraldAMG<br>98 C43 with C1,K2<br>Eibach Springs<br>Bilstein Shocks<br>ASR and ESP <----out please<p>: <p>Gerald, <p>I think what you are referring to is the ABD(Automatic Brake Differential in Porsche terms). This works as a semi limited slip differential and remains active up to about 30mph even with the ASR switched off. <p>You should have an ASR defeat switch in your car now but it only eliminates the back off of the throttle and stability control. <p>As an answer to your question with the above comments in mind....Brabus sells a defeat switch to shut the entire system down but without a limited slip differential, you will light-up when tire and go no where in a big hurry. My intentions are to install a limited slip diff(40% lockup) and disable the entire system at the computer level. The parts for this are about $3500. <p>May want to so what the car would be like without the ASR by pulling the ABS fuse(I think you can do this) which would set a fault in the ASR and thus disable it letting you experience the car with no ASR BUT YOU WILL HAVE NO ABS SO DON'T LOCK A WHEEL! Don't want to see anyone with flatspotted tires!<p><p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Answer!

: I see the ESP switch but no ASR. Even when I turn<br>the ESP off, it's not fully off. It still brakes<br>the wheel a bit. $3,500 seems pretty high. Does <br>this come with installation ? If ever, I think<br>I'll get the Defeat from brabus but not the <br>LSD.<p>Gerald<br>: : I've been looking for a way to turn this off.<br>I hate when it starts to brake and stop me <br>from having some fun. =(<p>Thanks.<p>GeraldAMG<br>98 C43 with C1,K2<br>Eibach Springs<br>Bilstein Shocks<br>ASR and ESP <----out please<p>: <p>Gerald, <p>I think what you are referring to is the ABD(Automatic Brake Differential in Porsche terms). This works as a semi limited slip differential and remains active up to about 30mph even with the ASR switched off. <p>You should have an ASR defeat switch in your car now but it only eliminates the back off of the throttle and stability control. <p>As an answer to your question with the above comments in mind....Brabus sells a defeat switch to shut the entire system down but without a limited slip differential, you will light-up when tire and go no where in a big hurry. My intentions are to install a limited slip diff(40% lockup) and disable the entire system at the computer level. The parts for this are about $3500. <p>May want to so what the car would be like without the ASR by pulling the ABS fuse(I think you can do this) which would set a fault in the ASR and thus disable it letting you experience the car with no ASR BUT YOU WILL HAVE NO ABS SO DON'T LOCK A WHEEL! Don't want to see anyone with flatspotted tires!<p><p><p><p>The ASR/ESP switch is the same thing for the most part. ESP was added in '98 and is a stability control system. With the ESP or ASR(on earlier cars) defeated, the brakes will still be activated to control wheelspin. THe switch is in the same place in the 43 and 36 to the best of my knowledge. The Brabus switch which shuts the braking differential down is about $1000 which is expensive and it takes about 3 hours to install. <p>The limited slip rear differential with the lower gear ratios is $3500 for the entire unit and intallation takes about 4 hours if it's anything like a BMW. The ASR defeat for this setup is free as you disable the whole system since you will never need it with the limited slip differential provided that you no a little about performance driving and self control! :)<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: The Answer!

One more thing....The ASR defeat switch is more than just a switch......it is a switch, harness and a little control module the mounts behind the dash and wires into the ASR system. Not that this justifies the $1000 cost but may explain a portion of it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot. I guess this is what you get for having a nice car. High Prices!! Thanks again.

: : I see the ESP switch but no ASR. Even when I turn<br>the ESP off, it's not fully off. It still brakes<br>the wheel a bit. $3,500 seems pretty high. Does <br>this come with installation ? If ever, I think<br>I'll get the Defeat from brabus but not the <br>LSD.<p>Gerald<br>: : I've been looking for a way to turn this off.<br>I hate when it starts to brake and stop me <br>from having some fun. =(<p>Thanks.<p>GeraldAMG<br>98 C43 with C1,K2<br>Eibach Springs<br>Bilstein Shocks<br>ASR and ESP <----out please<p>: <p>Gerald, <p>I think what you are referring to is the ABD(Automatic Brake Differential in Porsche terms). This works as a semi limited slip differential and remains active up to about 30mph even with the ASR switched off. <p>You should have an ASR defeat switch in your car now but it only eliminates the back off of the throttle and stability control. <p>As an answer to your question with the above comments in mind....Brabus sells a defeat switch to shut the entire system down but without a limited slip differential, you will light-up when tire and go no where in a big hurry. My intentions are to install a limited slip diff(40% lockup) and disable the entire system at the computer level. The parts for this are about $3500. <p>May want to so what the car would be like without the ASR by pulling the ABS fuse(I think you can do this) which would set a fault in the ASR and thus disable it letting you experience the car with no ASR BUT YOU WILL HAVE NO ABS SO DON'T LOCK A WHEEL! Don't want to see anyone with flatspotted tires!<p><p><p><p>The ASR/ESP switch is the same thing for the most part. ESP was added in '98 and is a stability control system. With the ESP or ASR(on earlier cars) defeated, the brakes will still be activated to control wheelspin. THe switch is in the same place in the 43 and 36 to the best of my knowledge. The Brabus switch which shuts the braking differential down is about $1000 which is expensive and it takes about 3 hours to install. <p>The limited slip rear differential with the lower gear ratios is $3500 for the entire unit and intallation takes about 4 hours if it's anything like a BMW. The ASR defeat for this setup is free as you disable the whole system since you will never need it with the limited slip differential provided that you no a little about performance driving and self control! :)<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

: One more thing....The ASR defeat switch is more than just a switch......it is a switch, harness and a little control module the mounts behind the dash and wires into the ASR system. Not that this justifies the $1000 cost but may explain a portion of it. <p>Are you sure that the c43 doesn't have a limite slip diff? My friend has a c36 and his does! I saw him do a burnout in front of me in a parking lot both tires!! fyi thanks spr

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

: One more thing....The ASR defeat switch is more than just a switch......it is a switch, harness and a little control module the mounts behind the dash and wires into the ASR system. Not that this justifies the $1000 cost but may explain a portion of it. <p>I have a 98 c43 , where did you get your grill and euro spension from? are you going to get the asr defeat switch etc.? if so we should reverse engineer it and have some made for all out brethren because it is so rediculously expensive. btw does the c36 or c43 have limited slip diff.? my friend has a 97 and I saw him do a burn out and both lit so maybe it's your year. Does mine have a lsd? thanks spr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts