Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of replacing the Hella DE switch and put something very nice & neat into the D-pillar(first pic) and asking you guys - the electrical gurus if this(second pic) would work if I buy this one. If not, what should I look for, for a switch that would work into my Hella DE switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
the secon one definately will work, I assume that is the snap on type all you have to do is cut a hole on one od the "D" pillar and your have a nice and neat fog light switch. What kind of car are the socond switch from? if you want that kind it will cost you some dough[:)][:D]

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JimB - 3/2/2005 9:53 PM

the secon one definately will work, I assume that is the snap on type all you have to do is cut a hole on one od the "D" pillar and your have a nice and neat fog light switch. What kind of car are the socond switch from? if you want that kind it will cost you some dough[:)][:D]
check this link, JimB. Actually, I emailed the guy and he told me that there are 4 wires and the 4th wire(he thinks) is for the parking light. What do you think? Would be workable?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7958507294&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
YES

that would work. I'm sure for those 3 wire but for the 4th one I'm not sure.

1- wire for the power
1-wire for the ground and
1 wire for ground. I'm guessing that the 4th wire will be for the tiny bulb inside the switch that will illuminate when you turn on your light at night. It's just the matter of finding which one is + or ground, you have to have a multi tester to find out. good luck
its a good price BTW[:)]

I did mine the El Cheapo way, it control my Hella 500:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts