Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I purchased burl wood door inserts for my SEC from HeirKranz (Aaron). The inserts were for sale as part of his garage clean out thread. I just wanted to let the members of our little corner of the Internet know that Aaron made our transaction go absolutely perfectly. He packaged the inserts extremely well and sent them exactly within the time frame that he told me he would. When they arrived, the inserts were in exactly the condition in which he had described them to me and as they were pictured in his thread.

I suppose that most Internet transactions go this way - but having never done a private party online purchase such as this before, and especially given the fact that by my own choosing and at my suggestion I sent Aaron a money order for the full amount and told him that he did not have to send the inserts until he received the money order - I was very happy with the way Aaron made it all turn out and just wanted to pass that along to my fellow 126'ers. :eclipsee_steering:

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
It's a great feeling when 126 parts transactions go well! Most of mine have been positive... except for 1 instance ...

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,279 Posts
Hey, enough talk.

We want pictures! :D

·
Registered
1982 300CD|1998 GMC Sierra 2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel|2008 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L DD
2,003 Posts
That's good that you got what you need, and it is hard to trust people over the internet, but we have a good group in Benzworld. And yes, picture time!

·
Registered
1983 Euro 500SEC AMG, 83 SEC custom convertible, 2x 84 500SEC, 02 w203coupe, euro 1985 300d
1,579 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Marco, I usually would put all my parts up on fleabay but this type of product need not go to a re-seller but an enthusiest ----which they did. I'm sure they will go great on the widebody when you have enough time to install them! take your time and you may have to remove the vynil/leather on the fiber board in order to make these fit properly, but see how it goes.

·
Registered
83 500SEC, 84 300TD, 86 190E 5.0 M113, 87 300D, 01 CLK55, 02 C32, 02 C320T, 03 C320T4, 03 E55
2,600 Posts
I got a set of SEC euro lenses from him awhile back too. Great experience as well here.

·
Registered
1983 Euro 500SEC AMG, 83 SEC custom convertible, 2x 84 500SEC, 02 w203coupe, euro 1985 300d
1,579 Posts
I just replaced my door panels on my SEC with ones in better shape, well at least everything except the inserts. They are great shape but someone dyed them a lighter color(tuetoned effect maybe). So I took the panels apart and used my inserts and now have two wonderful door panels with great map pockets and speaker covers and the dark burlwood trim is the best I have seen. now my SEC is returning to her former self one piece(or two) at a time. Just need a great #265 Mushroom Driver seat(second Gen) and arm rest. My seat is broken down some and is very worn and there is a chunk out of the left bolster right where they always are. I think I have a fantastic arm rest in the mail to me.
Removing just the inserts would have been a job, but easy enough to do when door panels are disassembled.
If if anyone needs Tan SEC door panels/inserts I'll let go of what's left. PM me.

????????????? OK
Please don't take this the wrong way but what relevance does this post have to do with this thread?

anyway........ I've only had 2 bad experiences with others on this site, the rest have been spotless

This week I have to ship the Burlwood SEL seatback table to Snibble, (which i forgot to send out last week due to a communication mixup) looks like I was slacking this week

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,498 Posts
????????????? OK
Please don't take this the wrong way but what relevance does this post have to do with this thread?
Didn't, but removed it anyway to clarify my intentions.

Merely to reiterate that the removal of the inserts is not all that hard to accomplish. I believe someone asked about that very thing.

Granted I didn't have to separate the leather inserts from the door panels, but once removed from the car , it's pretty straightforward.
Removing the inserts from the panel can be dicey if one doesn't have a machine to restitch the top edge of the flat leather portion.

ON TOPIC.
I have had pretty good luck on this site, and so far on Ebay.

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Snibble's new avatar pic: :)

LOL!!:D

All I need is to find one of those period Mercedes refrigerators and a bottle of Grey Poupon;)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I found the company that makes the burl seatbacks, though they no longer show the w126 picnic tables, they look VERY much like the one snibble is getting to put his grey poupon on!

You do not want to know what these are going for......

1-800-68-APSIS (1-800-682-7747) or e-mail: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
Since noone is allowed to eat in my car, what use would one have for a picnictable?:rolleyes:

They sure look good though!

gr J:D

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Found out that the package from Aaron arrived at my parent´s home. According to my mom, Aaron packaged it really nicely.. ´like a mummy´according to her;) Thanks again to Aaron.... have an accessory item thats cool in a way in my 560:D:thumbsup:

·
Always Remembered RIP
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,613 Posts
I found the company that makes the burl seatbacks, though they no longer show the w126 picnic tables, they look VERY much like the one snibble is getting to put his grey poupon on!

You do not want to know what these are going for......

1-800-68-APSIS (1-800-682-7747) or e-mail: [email protected]
Oddly, there is a company over here that still has the 126 picnic tables also, nearly $5000 for a pair!!!:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts