Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
89' 560SEL, 92' 300CE
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha to all... my brother just bought a 1980 300D and he recalls having the defroster on once and it got hot. A few days later, (after the cold front went thru) [:)] he can't get the heater to work. The blowers are working and all, but it doesn't get hot(not even the defroster now). Fuses all look good, he say coolant and stuff is all good. What else can I tell him to check?? Any help would be appreciated. He don't have access to the forum right now and we're 4000 miles apart.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Cliamte Control Valve

The valve that lets hot water into the heater core is shot. If it were the later model the "monovlave" is on the firewall under the hood. I think he has the older style climate control however, the verticle buttons. You have to take out the dash, etc. About $1,000 in labor.
[:(]

·
Registered
240D
7 Posts
Heater

Yes it is the hot water valve on the fire wall. Check the cable that controls this valve by having someone from inside the car playing with the controls and your brother doin a visual check on the valve. I believe the $1000 quote is much too exagerrated. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.