Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a little problem with my 560.

I start up the car and after it warms up it starts blowing warm/hot air depending on how high its set at.

But as soon as I start driving its like its just sucking the air from outside and blowing it in.

Gets pretty cold here at night.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Welcome.

Please (re)read the "welcome to the forum" sticky on the first page.
It will tell you how to fill out your profile which makes it easier to offer advise and it will tell you how to do a forumsearch.
As already said; do a search on "monovalve". It's a common problem and well covered.

gr J

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
It was the monovalve. I fixed it and well, now when I turn on the heater it works great just not in the rear. It blows hot up front and cold in the back.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Thanks guys.
It was the monovalve. I fixed it and well, now when I turn on the heater it works great just not in the rear. It blows hot up front and cold in the back.
On cars equipped with the automatic climate control, as on your 560 SEL, the center vent at the rear will only blow outside fresh air or cooled air from the AC.

The heating to the rear is from the air ducts under the front seats.

·
66,894 Posts
Yep monovalve is the usual suspect and the rear blows cold outside air by design. You're fine now. If you want to keep heat in, shut the rear vent off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts