Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedez Benz ML 320
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 MB ML 320 and I have replaced the Blend Motor, the Manual Controls and the plastic linkage and I still cannot get the Blend Motor to work.
I removed the old motor and tried jumping #5 and #6 and it worked on the bench, put it back in the car and zilch. Anyone out there have any similar problem
and found a way how to fix it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2000 MB 320ML with only 107,050 miles. I had only Heat and read about changing the Blend Motor.
I ordered a New Bend Motor and new Plastic Linkage and installed the Motor and linkage. No movement by the motor
when the manual Blend Control switch was moved in any direction. Replaced the Manual HVAC switches and still nothing.
Bench tested the old Motor by putting 12 volts to #5 and #6 pins and the motor worked fine. Replaced the new motor with the old
and still zilch, Nothing, no movement. I am now at a loss - am I missing something or has anyone had a similar problem and found the problem?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,849 Posts
Motor is shipped in center position. Which way did it move when you first turned key on? Hot or cold?

Is interior temp sensor connected?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did not move in any direction it remained in same position! I will recheck the temperature sensor I do not remember disconnecting it!
Thank you for for the fast reply, I will attempt to check the sensor connection today if not it will be Friday! And tell you what I found! PS: Heater is in Hot side!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked what I assume is the interior temp sensor located on the heater box. In front and it is connected! I have a photo of it However, I have no idea on how to post it in this discussion!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I completely removed the dash and removed the blend motor and replaced it and when I checked it it moved to Hot and stayed there!!

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,849 Posts
Interior temp sensor is part of Low Range/Fog lights switch. If disconnected it indicates infinitely cold temperature. Blend air door will be moved to full heat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I will hook it up and see what happens! Really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried connecting fog light switch and turning hot to cold and reverse - Blend motor dies

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to thank you again for your help in solving my problem! I will try working on it again Saturday! I also wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,475 Posts
Good luck with the project.

I changed mine out on the 99 ML430 about five years ago and it was a PITA ! I did it by removing the passenger side airbag and it was not easy.
If I had to do it again, I would definitely go the route of removing the entire dash. Videos of that procedure look like a much better answer with better access.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for your info! I removed the Dash completely which gives better access! Still having a problem with getting the blend motor to actually work! It stays at Hot! However, Witek_M has helped me in trying to solve My problem!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2000 MB 320ML with only 107,050 miles. I had only Heat and read about changing the Blend Motor.
I ordered a New Bend Motor and new Plastic Linkage and installed the Motor and linkage. No movement by the motor
when the manual Blend Control switch was moved in any direction. Replaced the Manual HVAC switches and still nothing.
Bench tested the old Motor by putting 12 volts to #5 and #6 pins and the motor worked fine. Replaced the new motor with the old
and still zilch, Nothing, no movement. I am now at a loss - am I missing something or has anyone had a similar problem and found the problem?
I had the very same problem with my 2000 ml320 a few years ago. there is a youtube video out there explaining exactly how to do it. there is a certain way the new motor needs to go in and the hot/cold switch has to be in a certain direction for it to work.. What Mercedes dealership wanted to charge me $1800-$2400 were the quotes I got I was able to do it myself in less than 45 Minutes. just search youtube seach bar for 2000 air blend motor and it will come up. its about 5 minutes lomg I believe.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,875 Posts
If everything is connected properly, your problem could very well be the A/C control module.

ebay search shows a few, pick your choice.

Remove both covers under the Inst. Panel. At the bottom left of the Inst. Panel feel for the module with your left hand and remove the one screw holding it. Then push it toward the right side where you can remove the connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally have it working and now I need to put the dash back on! I also want to thank you all for the help and comments!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did everything you suggested and it worked! I had not connected all the switches last week and today after connecting them it started working! Thanks again for your valuable info!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts