Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
W123.133(1985)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve just switched from an older 240d to a '85 300dt ,american version.
It has 169k miles ,full(perhaps too full...) equipped,and in very good condition.
The only problem a have is that the Aut. Climate control ONLY blows cold air,NO HEAT AT ALL(the rest is OK:A/C works,the pushbuttons work as intended,fan ok,etc).
I can't figure out what the problem is.
Does anyone can help me?
Thank's Alejo.

·
Registered
82 300 TD
75 Posts
You may want to try the heater control monovalve. It controls the coolant flow to the hea...

You may want to try the heater control monovalve. It controls the coolant flow to the heater core and they are notorius for failing. They are reasonably easy to change and it is located up against the firewall near where the battery is located. You can pick one up off eBay by doing a search for "mercedes 123" or goto http://www.oem-mercedes-benz-parts.com/?source=googlep

·
Registered
W123.133(1985)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: You may want to try the heater control monovalve. It controls the coolant flow to the hea

You may want to try the heater control monovalve. It controls the coolant flow to the heater core and they are notorius for failing. They are reasonably easy to change and it is located up against the firewall near where the battery is located. You can pick one up off eBay by doing a search for "mercedes 123" or goto http://www.oem-mercedes-benz-parts.com/?source=googlep
Thank's for the advice.unfortunately I'm too far,at the moment, from a MB Dealer,to get it checked.Can I repair it or it's only a matter of replacement?
Besides ,I've discovered a little auto.trans. oil leak.

I should add some oil.The problem is that I still haven't discovered where the cap is?.
If you could help me it would be much appreciated.
Thank's a lot ,Alejo.

·
Registered
82 300 TD
75 Posts
I do not think that you can repair the monovalve, if indeed that is the problem with your ...

I do not think that you can repair the monovalve, if indeed that is the problem with your car. So far as I know it is a part that must be replaced. Perhaps you can order one online and have it shipped to you from the website that I referred to in my previous post. The monovalve is located near the firewall and just to the right of the battery if you are facing the car with the hood up. It has two coolant hoses leading to it and also has an electrical connector and a wire as well. Replacement is very straightforward if you have a few tools. The transmission filler tube is also very near the monovalve. It is located behind the breather and they normally have a red cap that has to be unlocked or flipped up before you can pull it to check or add fluid. All of this information is accurate for U.S. spec cars. I would think that it would apply to cars in your country as well. I hope this helps. You may want to order a haynes repair manual for your model car since you are not near a dealer. These too can be found online at various websites. By the way, Argentina is a beautiful country. I have never been there, but I have a relative who has travelled there and she said that it was very nice. I hope to visit there someday.

·
Registered
W123.133(1985)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's Seanrob.
Yes,discovered that the place for the fluid refilling is th same one of ...

Thank's Seanrob.
Yes,discovered that the place for the fluid refilling is th same one of the dipstick.
(it seem's it leak's fluid only when the engine is working)
Actually,since I have this car since a few day's ago I,m still trying to figure out all the many thigs this car has under the hood.
Besides,it's a California Version(unfortunately as I knew later...) 1985.
If Içant get to the dealer ,meanwhile ,I'll try the German Star's option.
Apart from this ,yes,Argentina is ,indeed a beatiful country;with pros and cons(the latter a bit high these days...sadly),as anywhere else.
Yours ,Alejo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.