Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My blower just decided to stop working today.

The fuse under the hood is good, and when I hit the defrost switch (or any other vent except for Economy), I can hear something click once under the hood. Anyone know how to diagnose the problem or what it may be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Getting at the fan itself to test it is really easy in this car. Remove the trim down on the passenger side, underneath the dash. You'll see the bottom of the fan right away. There is a plug that removes easily. You can hook a battery up to each of the pins on the motor for a sec to see if the fan actually works, listening for any evil noises and checking for bad smells. I would not run it too long that way. A good test though.

If it just quit all of the sudden, there's a good chance the blower motor itself will be alright. These tend to make some bad noises or some burning smells before they quit. It's possible it died though. Cheap junkyard part.

Good luck with it - Report back with your findings, if it's good, there's going to be some more searching.

The clicking under the hood is just a relay, A/C relay I think.

Aaron

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's awesome - I had no idea it was so easy! I've just been driving my 300TD wagon (blower working haha) until someone posted a response for help! Thanks - I'll check that out asap!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Did you find anything out yet? Just curious-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts