Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys I'm new here I've been watching this forum for a long time.I'm happy I joined this forum.The information here is very helpful.Here is my problem.My heater core is leaking and the garage wants to replace it and I know you have to take out the whole dash.Right now I don't have the funds because I just replaced the master brake cylinder,radiator,shock absorbers,tie rods on both sides and the aux fan swich.I read one of the other topics and it said you can over ride the flow of the heater core.Is this true?The garage says they can not do it because it's leaking.Any one knows how?

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
Yes, the supply line to the heater core can be "plugged" to effectively stop the leaking. Just find a spot between the water pump hose and the aux pump that feeds the core.

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
A rubber grommet/stopper with a hose clamp should do the job.

·
Registered
Mercedes 500E & CLK32K
511 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 190 and I tried a product designed specifically to stop heater core leaks, some sort of liquid metal that you pour into your radiator and it is suppose to flow throughout your heating system, ooze out the crack(s) and then harden, thus stopping the source of the leak. I didn't expect much but it did work and it did not leak for at least a year (I sold the car)

You could try it, forgot the name, but its available through Schucks auto supply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey felles thanx for the advice.I rerouted the hose to the heater core directly to the engine.The car runs smooth with no leaks now.I'll probably fix it next winter right now I don't need the heater since summer is coming plus I don't have the A.C.any way I need a new compressor.Thanx again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts