Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some freezing rain overnight and I turned the heating on defrost mode. All was good until I put it back to Auto. The blower turned off and just made some sounds every 10 seconds as if it was trying to restart. It finally started after I turned off the ignition for about 2 minutes. I drove for about 10 miles and then parked the car and removed the key from the ignition. The blower stopped and then just as I was getting out, the blower started on its own and the battery fault indicator turned on (white symbol). The main battery was replaced last year. BTW, the door locks were serviced recently as they were clicking on and off (all 4 doors) - corroded wire in harness (fixed) and the passenger seat bottom heating element does not work (not fixed yet).

I am wondering why all of this now happening after a flawless year of driving. I opted not to take the extended warranty which ran about $2500, since a MB should not have so many of these bizarre issues.

Any ideas? Appreciate it!

:( Frustrated ML350 - 2007 owner

·
Registered
GL450, R500 traded, ML350 sold
437 Posts
You seem to continue to have many electrical problems which may in some way be all related. Fully understanding a vehicle's electrical system is not a simple task especially for the DIYer, so I suggest you take it in and describe all problems. There may be a connection. I know that one wonders how can that be, but it could be something simple as bad grounding.

I have never experienced major electrical problems (I have owned 3 Benzes) other than a power window motor once on my old 190E 1991 model, which ran flawlessly for the 14 years I had it. You are correct in saying that you did not expect major problems like that early in the life of a Benz, but let's face it, there is no car that is bulletproof. You seem to have problems that require competent mechanic's attention and not simply someone that will start throwing parts at it until all the error codes go away! Good luck.

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone! The car is at the dealer and I asked them to make sure all electrical wiring is ok. Hopefully there is a common denominator to all these problems.

·
Registered
ML350 2007
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer informs me that the blower motor and (aux. battery that provides power to the shifter) need to be replaced.

The vehicle is 3 years old. Is this normal?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Had a similar problem yesterday. Called my serivce manager and he told me that ice formed inside the vents on the hood. Made the blower go on/off on/off repeatedly. Was driving me crazy. And also the blower remained on for 10 minutes after the car was off. Pretty lame if you ask me. How does a car not withstand the elements? Either way, after my CPO warranty is up in 2013 I am getting another CPO. I cannot be bothered with stuff like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts