Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My B-Class heater blower switch has stopped working in all but the highest setting. Googling suggests that the blower motor resistor has gone open circuit. I have found a place that can repair or supply a new resistor module, but I don't know where this resistor module is situated in a W245 B-class. Is it behind or under the audio 50 unit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I saw those, and emailed them to ask if they had some specific instructions for b-class, but no joy. I was hoping some b-class owner or merc engineer could help me out.

Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed!

In case anyone else is looking for the answer, I found it by Googling "Lofty's homepage", loads of A-Class DIY stuff is on there, but some of it is relevant to B-Class too.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,497 Posts
Lofty has done a lot of good work for the A and B Class. A good man to rely on,.. and he has a CD that has very important info for us all.

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
Part R14 located at the bottom right of the center console (inspired by Lofty)?

Part number: A1698200397 or A1698200297 for automatic climate control

...It's item 40 in the system diagram (goes in part 45)...

·
Registered
2008 B 200
2 Posts
2008 b200 heater blower resistor

Does anyone know of a North american vendor for this part.A1698200397 Since B200 is not sold in the US the normal US parts sources don't carrry it. Got a quote from MB $40

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
$40 is no money for the necessary part and Samoila's pics tell it all. :thumbsup:

What more could you ask for here??...Our true go to-guy!!! ....along with many other contributors here......:)

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Finally.........I now know which name is your "given" name.........

It will now always be Stefan........:thumbsup:

Keep up the excellent work for us all......:)

·
Registered
'89 E300, '06 B200, '15 VW Tiguan
377 Posts
In case anyone else is looking for the answer, I found it by Googling "Lofty's homepage", loads of A-Class DIY stuff is on there, but some of it is relevant to B-Class too.
g8kuw,

many thanks for doing all the leg work re the resistor pack .... as is want with the
B200, all these minor items seem to go on most people's car right on cue. My resistor pack went out last week as well. Lost fan speed 3 and 4. I know Derek is tuned into re where this 'pack' is, but I'm not quite sure yet.... don't want to pull carpeting up without being more certain. I take it it's on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel more or less in line with the center stack, near the bottom? Am I close? Thanks

·
Registered
B200 CDI autotronic
1 Posts
hello,
I have the same problem too, the fan is not working on position 3 and 4, my car's VIN is WDD2452081J037741. I did not understand exactly who is to blame 1698200297 or 1698200397? or one is included in the other? the price difference is significant and should be of great help to me straight.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to get at the fan controller also. Two I hope quick queries. I have an RHD car. Am assuming I still need to get at this from the right had side of the control console?

Also regarding getting behind the carpets to get access, I had a look and there seems to be a panel in the roof of the footwell held by two Torx screws. Will removal of this panel enable the carpets to be folded back?

Thanks

Jonathan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts