Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
Dear All,

Recently I noticed that my driver's side heated seat does not work anymore. The lights come on when I push the putton but it doesn't heat. Passenger side is working fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Philly weather sux!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
the heating pads are most likely broken. Its not uncommon.

Mine still work, but they take a while to get hot, and are never really THAT hot.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Test the heat pads with a ohm meter as you have two heat pads ..connections are under the seat ..You can replace the pads with 202/203 heat pads ..also the seat must be removed from the car to do the swapout the defective pad/pads

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Oliver, I didn't realize they can work half-way so thanks for the information. Does that mean that there are as an example, 3 pads but only 1 or 2 of yours are functioning?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Oliver, I didn't realize they can work half-way so thanks for the information. Does that mean that there are as an example, 3 pads but only 1 or 2 of yours are functioning?
you know, im not really sure. I didn't buy the car new, so this is has been the case the entire time i've owned it.

I do know that my parents new clk and SL both get much hotter (as did their 2000 BMW M5).

Both the bottom and the back get warm, so this may just be as hot as they get, but I kinda expected more heat/sooner from them.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
you know, im not really sure. I didn't buy the car new, so this is has been the case the entire time i've owned it.

I do know that my parents new clk and SL both get much hotter (as did their 2000 BMW M5).

Both the bottom and the back get warm, so this may just be as hot as they get, but I kinda expected more heat/sooner from them.
I didn't buy mine new either so maybe we are both shooting birds in the dark here, but at least you have experienced the 2 new MBs and that BMW which I have not.

This is hard to describe but with mine, the bottom (I never feel the back since I have a coat on) gets hot enough that my bottom side tingles a bit. And as far as the time factor, I feel the heat almost immediately.

As you said earlier, this is a common complaint and as Mark said we could test ours with an ohmeter if we only knew how many ohms of resistance they are suppose to have.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I wear a full length overcoat to work, so it takes me a bit longer to feel anything both on the bottom and back.

It would be worth it for me to get some better pads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts