Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a question...I was reading my manual :thumbsup: (yes...I know I know this clearly denotes my gender!LOL!)
and it mentions the heated seats having a 'shut off' so that they do not draw down the battery when there are many things running.

Question is this... My heated seats turn down from high to low within a few minutes (typically under 5) and shut off completely in about 10. I am not running excessive auxillary items.

Is this typical for most of you? Is this system WAD? Or should I be considering a new battery? (I am wondering if perhaps my battery is already a bit weak and therefore shutting the seats down because it's already low...)

TIA,
Cyndi

·
Registered
142 Posts
when i have the button presssed twice so both dots are lit up, it goes to one in a few minutes also, but it nver shuts off completly....

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Same here (I think); I have never driven long enough for the heated seats to turn completely off. On the other hand and off-topic, my active ventilated seats turn completely off after several minutes.

BTW, I have also seen that warning in the owner's manual about the drain on the electrical resources, but do not remember if that applied to both heat and cool.

I think you might have something there. Check the output voltage of your battery (I think you mentioned having a voltmeter earlier).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts