Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to install heated mirrors (driver and passenger side) onto a 2001 E430 4Matic? Where would be a good place to purchase these from (at the lowest possible price)? Are there any guides on how to install them? Lastly, how would I turn them on, or would they turn on automatically as the temperature goes down?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure they are heated already.
Really? I've looked it up and haven't seen anything that suggests they do. Do you have any sources? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just curious because I've been looking around and haven't found any info on it.

Well, if they do already have them, is there a button in the car that turns them on, or do they automatically turn on when the temperature drops below a certain point?

Thanks for the quick reply, by the way. :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Easy way to find out park outside when you see windshield/windows get some frost or foggy then see the mirror is foggy too, then start the car if the mirror clear up in few minutes that should tell you it's heated and still working, worth a try I guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Easy way to find out park outside when you see windshield/windows get some frost or foggy then see the mirror is foggy too, then start the car if the mirror clear up in few minutes that should tell you it's heated and still working, worth a try I guess.
I could try that, I suppose.

So I guess its settled; the E430's have heated mirrors built in.

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone!

I love this site.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I could try that, I suppose.

So I guess its settled; the E430's have heated mirrors built in.

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone!

I love this site.
And we love you. Especially if we knew what you drive (E430?) and where you are from.

·
Registered
733 Posts
the relevant part from the 2001 model year manual. I didnt realize the anti glare electrolyte in the auto dim feature on the drivers side mirror was so caustic
cheers
Barri

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
In finnish cars heated mirrors are in all models, (like heated door locks too... :) )

And if mirror heating is working, you can easily feel it. In cold weather, after you've started the car, just touch the mirror. You can feel that its warm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And we love you. Especially if we knew what you drive (E430?) and where you are from.
Well, I'm actually going to be purchasing my first car in about a week or two and I've settled on an E430 4Matic (my dad has one an it has been nothing but reliable to him; not to mention its been great in the snow here in Massachusetts).

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Ditto to most of the others. On the same line in my 2001 sales brochure it states for all E-Class: Dual heated power mirrors, linked to driver's seat memory. Auto dimming left-side mirror. Parking assist right-side mirror can tilt down upon shifting to Reverse (sic).

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Well, I'm actually going to be purchasing my first car in about a week or two and I've settled on an E430 4Matic (my dad has one an it has been nothing but reliable to him; not to mention its been great in the snow here in Massachusetts).
Welcome. If i were you I would spend some time with dad's owners manual to prepare for your purchase. And read this forum of course!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts