Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After several phone calls to authorized Mercedes-Benz shops in my country, I finally got hold of the part numbers for auto folding and heated mirrors for the V-Class.

But, when I try to search for them google or whatever. I get no results at all!

The part numbers I got are:

Any of you familiar to parts and part-numbers?

Looking forward to hear from you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Zenman! Thank you for the reply.

I have allready tried MB, but crazy prices and they cannot find the control panel for folding mirrors. Like, the electric windows switch on the driver side door, they cannot find the one with buttons to fold the mirrors...

I have a friend who will travle down to germany next week, I told him to get me some.

Do you have any idea of the part number for the el.panel for folding mirors?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you again.

That is no problem as my van is LHD. I'm in LHD country myself :)

Here, I today got a price of 623 USD EACH!!! And he guessed like another 200 USD for the panel with fold buttons...

I was like... ummm, okay just gimme the part numbers I'll call you later!

·
Registered
2001 110 CDI (sold) 2006 111 CDI Comfort (current)
695 Posts
The folding is controlled by a switch on the dash, common in the c-classes. Either that or the automatically fold when turning off the ignition.

They are a bugger to find second hand, and also a bugger to wire up. The heating is controlled on the same switch as the rear heated screen switch.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Martin.

Thank you so much for your answer.

What you now told me is the exact opposite of what I until today have found out about folding mirrors switch.

As far as I have seen from Sarge's V class, and what he told me, there is a different El panel on the driver side door. It looks exactly like the non folding, just a few arrows extra.

If you look at this picture you will see:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/2349229-post182.html

I have never heard of a dash switch to fold mirrors on Vito/V-class.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It looks like on his control there are the four power window buttons. The child lock for the back. The circular switch to control upward and downward movement of the mirrors and the toggle switch to switch between left and right mirrors. Which button is the one to control folding???

To be fair, I have a different set of switches to these. None of my bits are original to the van, but are MB parts. It may well be that the year that my control switches came from were not expecting to use the folding mechanism. My mirrors didn't come with it but do have the heating and folding in then which I have wired up to these switches. It's only a case of sending power to the folding motor through a relay which feels the resistance when closed and cuts the power.

Good luck with this though, I am guessing the many many options that the van could come with may be bamboozling us.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi again Martin.

As far as I have understood this it works like this:

When you set the direction selector to middle position and press the up and down button to adujst the mirrors, it should fold in and out.

This is beacuse I have also seen his dash, and there is no extra button for the mirrors what so ever. I also have full dash, so I really hope I don't need to somehow make space for another swith :)

Does it sound right?

Best way would be to contact Sarge about this, but I didn't get a reply on my last P.M. and I don't want to spam him to death either.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Like I say, there were many options are variants to the V-Classes. The way I described is just how I did it. If you have the switch in the photo, go with that system if you know it to be correct. It would save a lot of wirning and looming as I had to.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wiring is what I try to avoid. Ill try to find the switch on the picture. I also try to avoid the dash switch since my dash is full. I'm almost done with the dash mod, I'll upload pictures then. I believe it is never been done before actually.

I hope additional wiring is not needed. Here is back of my current el. Panel:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/v-class/1660113-folding-v-class-mirrors-vito.html

But, however, I want to add electic wing windows at the very back. I need to wire up; I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts