Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2000 s430
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool:its getting cold in Chicago, and my 2000 s 430 is not so warm, ESP when sitting when I get it up to speed it gets warm, but not really really hot..and I have to turn on the defroster, to feel some heat..and how do I get some heat, to my feet, I like cozy toes..thanks in advance..you guys are great..

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Looks like you have a problem with the tandem after running pumps, they are located on the bulkhead behind the engine and under the windscreen wipers. Check the temp of the pipes going in and out of these pumps. If hot in and cool out then the pumps are not working.

·
52,804 Posts
S430/500 Heater recirculation and after running pump is part number A220 830 02 84, but do make sure this is the problem part before replacing it.

·
Registered
2000 s430
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get heat when moving, but not at stop..takeing this to a shop to put in some HID's in a few days I have them give it a look...

·
52,804 Posts

·
Registered
2002 s500, 2004 S500 fourmatic
267 Posts
Well! I've got the same problem on my 02S500, but its not that part number. p/n 220 835 00 64 for my pump which does not include the duovalve. WIS has a good procedure on how to R&R. My only question is how to insure it is the electrical pump and not some control issue. Does anyone know where to look for the pinouts of the pump?

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes Benz W220 S 430
20 Posts
I also have a 2000 S430 and I live in Milwaukee so i know it has been real cold recently. I would advise that you should run your car's heater in the AUTO mode and adjust the temp to around 72-75 degrees. It will still take my car a good 15 minutes before it is comfortable inside. Just use the seat heat in the mean time! If you want the heat in the footwell then pop out the AUTO button on the drivers side and turn the knob to the floor position. If the car is still cold inside after 15 minutes then you must have some other problem related to the engine cooling system/heater core.
Good Luck!
HARFEND

·
Premium Member
2002 S500, 1999 C230 Kompressor, 1997 C230
443 Posts
Well! I've got the same problem on my 02S500, but its not that part number. p/n 220 835 00 64 for my pump which does not include the duovalve. WIS has a good procedure on how to R&R. My only question is how to insure it is the electrical pump and not some control issue. Does anyone know where to look for the pinouts of the pump?
I checked on the parts today and it appears that for our 2002 S500's, that the duovalve and the electric pump are one in the same. If anyone could comment on this to confirm or deny it would be a big help. Also note that the part appears to have more fluid fittings (4) and is different in shape. Does it go in the same area as previously described? Any thoughts or comments would be of great help.

http://www.germanimportedparts.com/CatalogKW/CatalogResults.aspx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well I just picked up the pump from the dealership. Oceanliner, you are right in that they offer the assembly but the pump alone is the number above that I posted. I am guessing, but I don't think it is a duovalve as you would not get any heat at all when the car is moving because it would block the coolant flow all the time. Acid test I'm told is to check the REST function. If it blows warm and then goes cold, suspect the pump. However the cost of the duovalve itself is not that much, replace both if you wish.

Harfend, I wonder if your pump is kaput as well. Before mine went, I had heat fast.

Ron

·
Premium Member
2002 S500, 1999 C230 Kompressor, 1997 C230
443 Posts
Well I just picked up the pump from the dealership. Oceanliner, you are right in that they offer the assembly but the pump alone is the number above that I posted. I am guessing, but I don't think it is a duovalve as you would not get any heat at all when the car is moving because it would block the coolant flow all the time. Acid test I'm told is to check the REST function. If it blows warm and then goes cold, suspect the pump. However the cost of the duovalve itself is not that much, replace both if you wish.

Harfend, I wonder if your pump is kaput as well. Before mine went, I had heat fast.

Ron
So does the assembly include the valve and the pump?

Pictures. We are going to need pictures for this one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm to understand that Benz sells the items separately (pump/duovalves) and also as a "mini" assembly. I'm guessing it depends on the VIN. Suggest you talk to the dealer and ask them to specify what system you have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts