Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ML350
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Im having problems again with my 03 ML 350. The Heat/AC on the floor wont turn off after I shut off the engine. I can feel the cool air in the summer and warm in the winter. What it does is, it drains my battery! I took it to Mercedes to do a diagnostic and they couldn't figure out whats wrong with it. But when it was in the dealership, it stopped acting up. Now its happening again. Then happens even if I leave the Heat/AC off when the engine is running. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,105 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Im having problems again with my 03 ML 350. The Heat/AC on the floor wont turn off after I shut off the engine. I can feel the cool air in the summer and warm in the winter. What it does is, it drains my battery! I took it to Mercedes to do a diagnostic and they couldn't figure out whats wrong with it. But when it was in the dealership, it stopped acting up. Now its happening again. Then happens even if I leave the Heat/AC off when the engine is running. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Are you saying the front bower motor or the rear blower motor doesn't turn off?

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,105 Posts
Remove the cover underneath the instrument panel on the passenger side and leave it off until you have solved the problem.

When the problem occurs, go to the blower motor and feel it with your hand and verify that it is running (it shouldn't be).

Gain access to the the actuator motors to the right of the gas pedal and remove the electrical connector to the Rear Air Flap Actuator, and verify that air stops coming out of the under seat vents.

Try this test when the problem occurs; turn the blower fan dial to 1 and then 2, etc. on the control panel and see if the air increase in volume as you progress the dial.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts