Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks. I have a couple problems and could use a solid answer as my buddy Google has thus far let me down.

Firstly I am buying a used car. I have narrowed my search to a 03-06 sl55 or an e46 m3. I base these options on value for price, overall cost and quality. But the huge factor is that I am 6'4 and mostly torso therefore I had to ignore cars such as 911turbo, viper, or Yvette on headroom issues alone.

I have test driven an m3 convertible which had great headroom. And I drove a standard sl500 with metal top. My head rubbed a bit. It is bearable but not ideal. Since I live in Oklahoma my dealership selections are limited and I have no access to a pano roof which seems to me would offer slightly more room. Even a 1/2 inch would make a big difference and while I love Ms I would really prefer an sl55.

So the question is for those familiar with both roof types. Does the pano roof in fact offer more room or am I driving a BMW.

·
Registered
224 Posts
biguycar

seriously none of you have experienced both roof types ? surely someone can give me a touch of insight.
I too,am 6'4" with ample girth,and had to remove upholstered tops in every Vette I owned and use glass tops to get head clearance. Purchased 03 SL500 and now have approx 2" of headroom with seat 90% to rear and down. Great leg and shoulder room.If you get a decent car,you won't be disappointed.Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts