Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install headrest monitors in their CLK ? If so, any issues with install other than cutting the headrest ? I have a couple but have been told that due to depth, I'll have a problem with the install. Please advise.

Mark

·
Registered
CLK 55
73 Posts
Anyone install headrest monitors in their CLK ? If so, any issues with install other than cutting the headrest ? I have a couple but have been told that due to depth, I'll have a problem with the install. Please advise.

Mark
hey mark,

i have a clk55 and i've put a screen in the visor and a screen in both headrests to keep my kids occuppied on long drives. There is a plastic (maybe metal) piece that in the headrest that makes it tough to get a flush look. Don't expect it to be completely flush, but if you go to a reputable shop they should be able to do a decent job. More than likely you will not have the control to move your headrests up and down after you get the screens installed. Also depending on your interior color you might want to have SAAV screens installed that are already set to replace your full headrest. You pop your originals out and replace it with the Saav headrest which already has the screen. What's good about the saav headrests are that they match mercedes leather so you really can't tell that it's an aftermarket headrest unless you have contrast stitching like I did so I didn't use them. However, another positive point is that they have all the wiring going thru the post so you don't have a black wire sticking out like you will if you don't have SAAV screens.

hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts