Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C230 Coupe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys...

the little audible warning in my wife's A160 when you leave the headlights on and remove the key has stopped working... you can now forget the lights on, get out, walk away and have to charge the battery the next morning quite easily...lol... any idea why this happened? How do i fix it?

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
Have you checked that all lights are on when switched to on?

remember the busser doesn't operate if you have parking left of right on alone but should in all other positions. trying to pin point where the sound comes from I reckon it's integral of the instrument cluster so it could be a contact as there is a multi pin contact which goes on to the PCB might be worth checking that out.

·
Registered
2002 C230 Coupe
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thax lofty, I shall check it out... the lights are completely on so I suspect maybe the "buzzer" has perhaps stopped working... will dig around a bit and see what i can see... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Did you find out what caused the buzzer problem?
I have a similar problem (A140 lang 2001) but sometimes the buzzer works, sometimes not. I have not managed to spot the cause of the problem...

BR,

/Tom

·
Registered
Merc 320CDI, Porsche 981CS, BMW X3
20 Posts
Great - thx to this forum I now realise that our car has this issue too (didnt even know that there is supposed to be a buzzer for the lights).

will have to look into this next.....

·
Registered
2000 A160
16 Posts
Wow! Didnt think that I'd have another thing to complain about but I am also having this problem. The instrument cluster light went out & after having it replaced by MB I noticed that the light on buzzer stopped working. Any solutions as yet?

·
Registered
2001 W 168 1.4cc. Formally1992 W124 2.0D, 1987 W124 2.5D, and 1986 W124 2.3E
31 Posts
hi guys...

the little audible warning in my wife's A160 when you leave the headlights on and remove the key has stopped working... you can now forget the lights on, get out, walk away and have to charge the battery the next morning quite easily...lol... any idea why this happened? How do i fix it?
Have the same problem on mine, and couple of times I forgot the lights on and the battery went down, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same problem here.
Do you have any other beeps i.e. service reminder beeps after start engine? Is it the same beeper device?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the same problem with my w168/A160L.
No beeping when the lights are on and you leave the car.
Got a used combi-unit at a salvageyard.
Problem solved.
But make sure you get one with the same specs as the one on your car,because it also does other things.
your central locking for instance.
I just tried several units they had in stock.
The one i used is a bit older then my own one. So there are bulbs behind the warninglights instead of leds.
But i don’t care. Just means i can change them if they burn out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts