Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope you are well. I was wondering if anyone could assist me with a issue I have on my CLK. My inside set of headlights have stopped working, the passenger side one went first and now the driver's side has also gone. I have changed the bulb and checked all the fuses with no luck. Can anyone suggest anything else I could try?

Cheers

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Hi all,

Hope you are well. I was wondering if anyone could assist me with a issue I have on my CLK. My inside set of headlights have stopped working, the passenger side one went first and now the driver's side has also gone. I have changed the bulb and checked all the fuses with no luck. Can anyone suggest anything else I could try?

Cheers
You know there are two bulbs in there, right? The parking light (below) and the high beam bulb (above).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thrillkill, thanks for your response.

However I am not talking about the main headlights, I refer to the smaller set of headlights between the main lights and the grill.

I've seen on other posts that some had a similar problem and it was suggested they check the 'sidemarkers'. I am not familiar with 'sidemarkers' and neither are several of my colleagues so I am assuming this is an American or Canadian term, anyone throw any light on this? (pardon the pun!!!)

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
So am I. Here's a pic with my lenses removed.

High beam bulb

Parking light bulb. This is the bulb you need to change. The "sidemarkers" are the amber lights on the side of your fender next to the wheel well. They are on the same circuit but one would not affect the other. Are you getting a "bad bulb" warning on your instrument cluster?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cheers TK, you are a topman. I shall check this out when I get home this eve and see how I get on.

BTW I get a 'light defect' error message on the cluster

Appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
rdx - wrx - clk430
117 Posts
Cheers TK, you are a topman. I shall check this out when I get home this eve and see how I get on.

BTW I get a 'light defect' error message on the cluster

Appreciate the advice.
should clear when you replace the bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts