Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 mercedes 208d sprinter
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks.
i recently bought a 1998 208d sprinter and the previous owner dismantled the headlight vacuum system behind the dash. i think he broke the adjuster in the dash, and then dismantled the system. also the servo that opens and closes the flap above the heater blower dose not work.
there is no schematic in the haynes manual or anywhere online and i cant quite figure out where all the hoses behind the dash go and what provides the vacuum etc.
dose anyone out there have a diagram of this system? or point me in the right direction of fixing the problem.
any help would be greatly appreciated..
J.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi folks.
i recently bought a 1998 208d sprinter and the previous owner dismantled the headlight vacuum system behind the dash. i think he broke the adjuster in the dash, and then dismantled the system. also the servo that opens and closes the flap above the heater blower dose not work.
there is no schematic in the haynes manual or anywhere online and i cant quite figure out where all the hoses behind the dash go and what provides the vacuum etc.
dose anyone out there have a diagram of this system? or point me in the right direction of fixing the problem.
any help would be greatly appreciated..
J.
Did you get this sorted? as I have the same issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
The vac comes from the pump at the front of the engine, (big white pipe, turns left and goes into the brake servo).

Spray some oil into the pipe to revive the pump every so often.

The previous owner probably blocked the headlight and other users of vac to get more power for the servo and ignition cut. ( Does the ignition cut off, or do you have to stall it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts