Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 E350
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I lock and then immediately unlock my E350 (in the dark), the headlights come on as they should. But, if I lock the car and then sometime later, maybe an hour or so, unlock it (while it is still dark) they don’t come on. Has anyone else experienced that problem? And, if so, what was the solution?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I always leave the light mode to "A" (automatic). When I lock and unlock immediately or wait say 30 minutes apart using the key fob, the headlight always comes on upon unlocking. However, same steps but unlocking via the door handle (I have keyless go) then the headlights don't come on.

On the vehicle menu settings (on the center speedometer screen), I don't recall any settings for this headlight delay upon unlocking. Perhaps someone who has had the car for quite a while can comment more on this.

·
Registered
2010 E350
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As am experiment this evening I locked the car with the door handle and then a couple of minutes later unlocked it with the key and the headlights came on. So far so good! Then I locked it with the key and when I returned about an hour later and unlocked it with the key the headlights didn’t come on. Instead of using some mysterious logic one would think that if it’s dark and the car is unlocked then the headlights would turn on."

·
Registered
2010 E350
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Headlight question resolved

Although there wasn’t any service bulletin for my E350, build date 5/10, there was a software update which the dealer installed. Now, when the car is unlocked at night the headlights, daytime running lights, tail lights, license plate and side marker lights come on - as they should have all along!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts