Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a peculiar problem with my headlights. I usually keep them in the auto mode, so they come on automatically at night, but the other day I went to put on the fog lights and the fog lights came on, but the headlights went off. Thinking I had done something wrong, I put them back to auto, they came on and then turned them off completely and they stayed on. I tried it again with the same result. If I put the rear fog light on, the headlights stay on. Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
2007 GL320 CDI, 2005 SLK350 and 2001 SLK320
328 Posts
You probably have the daytime running lights option set to "yes". If so, your headlights will always be on, no matter where you put the switch.

The foglights do not work when the headlights are set to the "auto" position. You have to be in one of the next two positions for the fog lights to work.

Check out the manual...it does a better job of explaining than I can in a couple of sentences.

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. You were right. They're working the way they are supposed to. I can still say my car is PERFECT!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts