Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2001 ml320 and about every 6 months the H7 bulbs in the headlight system burn out. They usually both burn out within a day of eachother. I have brought it back to the dealer and each time, they can't find anything wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx Bill

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,484 Posts
Did this just start or did this happen while the vehicle was under warranty?

Reason I ask is this: this is one of those extremely difficult problems to diagnose, if your SA doesn't want to live with your truck for a year. If it happened while under warranty and you had the MB shop replace them, they should have a record of something that's not normal at all. If it happened out of warranty (or if they don't have a consistent record of an obvious abnormality), it's going to be hard to do anything. This kind of malfunction doesn't log an error, so that makes it even more difficult to diagnose - I'm not helping you here, I know. Any electricals out there??? Please chime in!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
MUSB9CE - 3/10/2005 2:13 AM
Hi guys, I have a 2001 ml320 and about every 6 months the H7 bulbs in the headlight system burn out. They usually both burn out within a day of eachother. I have brought it back to the dealer and each time, they can't find anything wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx Bill
This is remarkable, if it was a question of too high a voltage one would assume that other bulbs would also blow. Has anyone measured the voltage at the bulb?

Is there anything loose, or excess vibration?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this problem with a Volvo big truck and the problem was that I was touching the bulb end and the oil on the fingers was burning the bulb out.Hope this helps you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts