Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 560SL/89 560SEL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just got my 126. What are my headlight/tailight options? This is what the car looks like right now:

I hear people talk about Euro lamps etc, but I don't know what these look like. Any help?

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
The 126s are available with 3 headlight options depending on year and location, you might be familiar as it is much like the SLs. The US market got screwed because MBUSA rushed the design of the headlights to satisfy regulations at the cost of light distribution and appearance. The SL had round lights for the US and Smooth square lights for the rest of the world right?

The US market got the boxed in headlights up to 84 or 85, and then MBZ upgraded it to framed lights with 9004 (or 9007?) bulbs. The european market headlights use H4 bulbs, and have a smooth glass front that matches the contours of the car. I'll dig up some pictures for you to see.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
here's a link from the MBcoupes site.

http://www.mbcoupes.com/specialequipment/headlamps.htm

same deal with the sedans really, except with an added foglight (which was flush for the euros).

All the rear tail lights are the same for the w126s, except lack of dual rear foglight bulbs for the US. A popular modification is to buy 2 extra sockets and wire that into the brake light circuit because the reflector for that portion (the center most boxes) spread light wider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts