Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 S430
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My left headlight (low beam) is not working 80% of the time:crybaby2:.When it is not working there is no voltage going to the headlight for low beam(yellow wire).Right light works 100%. Where does it have a relays or control unit that needs to be replaced ? Is it part of rotary headlight switch ? My car is 2000 S430 with halogens.Fog lamps,High beams,marker lights works 100%. Makes no difference if headlight are activated automaticly or manually turn the knob resolt is the same Left low bem is most of the time dead. Any help appriceated .

·
Registered
2000 S430
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the problem. Wires insulation inside light housing complettly fall off , shorting out .
Inspect other headlight - see the same problem but still works OK.Insulation on wires inside headlights is so dryed out that if you touch it it falls off. I gues I will have to invest in new headlight assembly. Anybody else with the same problem ?

·
Registered
S500 | 220.175 | 113.960
363 Posts
Ive had low beam (right) go out several times, but it goes back on after some bumps. Suspecting connection problem, but in need of directions of replacement of bulbs. At least some guidance tips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts