Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 E350 station wagon gasoline
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlight lenses are badly discolored due to age so I'd like to replace them. I know it is possible to repair them however I have never been good with body work/polishing/sanding etc. so I prefer just to R&R.
Problem is I can't seem to find just lenses for the MY2000 post-facelift model.
Everyone wants to sell me the whole headlamp unit for over $250.
Does anyone know where I can get just the lens?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
no you cannot. it is sold as a whole unit unfortunately

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car did come with the HID option.
I've seen the lenses on e-bay buy they are only for pre-2000 models.
I wonder if they are available in Europe or from Hella or Bosch (I am not sure who the OEM manufacturer is).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot, they look good in the pictures. Unfortunately I am located in Japan and the seller ships within the US only. I asked some Japanese people for junk yards in Japan, I got blank stares.
I may just have to try and polish them.
There are excellent instructions on the web, I've just never had much success with body work.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
There are

excellent instructions in the diy section of the forum.Try the wet sand paper route and follow along closely and you will be just fine.
Or fly me over and I can perform it or instruct you:)
$329 for HID off of ebay is junk lighting and junk Hid's
Don't fall for it. HIDS that cheap are fools folly. And the bright glare hardly substitutes for bright light

Have you tried Germanstar?
Have you tried a surplus used dealer that can ship you them?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Even if you're not good with detailing work, it would cost substantially less to have a body shop polish out your lights than to replace them. And you'll be happier with the results than if you replace them with some cheap aftermarket junk. Also, the post-facelift models require you to remove the bumper to pull the headlights, so it's a lot of extra work.

Just a few thoughts from this side of the Pacific. ;)

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Definitely go with the lens cleaning route... cheaper and the outcome will be fantastic

·
Registered
2002 e320 4 Matic Wagon
364 Posts
If you plan to keep your car, I would just go ahead and upgrade it with HID headlight assemblies at $329.00 shipped.... :thumbsup:

I did it with my wagon and it improved the looks and night vision 100% but order it with the 4300K HID bulbs, NOT the 8000K bulbs.

The 4300K HID bulbs has a more uniform light pattern and you see better too.

FREE SHIP 2000-2002 MERCEDES W210 XENON HID HEADLIGHTS : eBay Motors (item 170459492592 end time Apr-14-10 15:25:39 PDT)
Can we see a picture with the lights installed on your wagon?
1) Has Depo improved the light pattern that the headlights do?
2) Did you find the night lighting better than with the stock lights?
I had seen a pattern of Depo headlights and it didn't seem to light too well ib front of the car.
I really like the looks of these lights but don't want to sacrifice light quality.
Thank-You

1 - 12 of 12 Posts