Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your headlights start to build up moisture behind the lens, the part you need is 170-826-02-80 described as SEAL, HD14B. $28.13. The same seal is used on both the right and the left side. The schematics are wrong at the dealer, at least they are for the 2001 model. This part number is transposed on the diagram with the black seal that goes between the headlight housing and the hood/fender.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
68 Posts
Thanks for this info. I had my nephew replaced the seals 10 days ago and it was actually raining while he was working on it but the rain stopped when he was done. As far as we can see when he was working on it, it's the only part of the headlight assembly that water can get in. It's been raining since this morning and it's only now that I've taken the car cover off and try it. Service rep at American Service Center in Arlington, Virginia where I bought the car from told me about 3 yrs. back that I wasn't the only one who complained about the moisture build-up and that it was how Mercedes Benz designed the headlights for ventilation purposes and that the moisture will disappear when you use the headlights. I never followed-up on it, though I had a strong feeling that it was a warranty issue. So for anybody else there who has or might have this problem, I recommend you take it to the dealer and have them replace the seals at their expense.

Thanks again TXmudman!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts