Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SL500
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with one of my headlights. When I have my headlights on, the right one is really dim even though I have a brand new bulb in it. I believe that there may be a problem with the socket. When I press the bulb into the socket it gets bright like it is supposed to but when I stop applying preasure, it dims again. I have used multiple bulbs(even the one in the other light that works fine). I have jiggled the wires at the base of the socket but that does not make the bulb get brighter. Only when I am applying preasure on the socket. Has anyone experienced this before? I was thinking I just have to get a new socket and splice/solder it in... Please help

·
Registered
97 SL500
1,259 Posts
try cleaning the actual connector, scrap it with a small

screwdriver (make sure you dont short it out) or maybe some fine sand paper. theres electrical grease you can apply after cleaning it (chk radio shack) if that doesnt work just buy a new connector and splice it. ez to do.

I have a problem with one of my headlights. When I have my headlights on, the right one is really dim even though I have a brand new bulb in it. I believe that there may be a problem with the socket. When I press the bulb into the socket it gets bright like it is supposed to but when I stop applying preasure, it dims again. I have used multiple bulbs(even the one in the other light that works fine). I have jiggled the wires at the base of the socket but that does not make the bulb get brighter. Only when I am applying preasure on the socket. Has anyone experienced this before? I was thinking I just have to get a new socket and splice/solder it in... Please help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts