Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 ml550 headlight went foggy after light replacement. Passenger side is fine and driver side that I replaced the light on is now very Cloudy. Is this inside or outside? How can I determine? How do I clean/restore and keep it clear? Thanks in advance.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,957 Posts
Was this a new or used headlight assembly that was installed?
Or was it an aftermarket one?
If it was a new one either genuine or aftermarket it is probably condensation on the inside of the unit.
If it was a used one it could already be suffering from UV hazing on the clear coat of the plastic lens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was just the headlight bulb that was replaced in the original headlight. After replacement the fog build began and it has become much worse. I think it may be the inside. I am curious if there is a rubber seal that has been compromised.

·
Registered
'87 560 SEC, Pearl Grey/blue; 300,000+ mi; '07 CLS 550, Barolo/stone; 90,000+ mi
505 Posts
Could be the case. Or, maybe it was very humid when you changed the bulb and the vapor is trapped inside. Otherwise, maybe open it up again on a dry day, and after it evaporates close it back up and put on a very thin bead of silicon where the seal touches the plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts