Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 E320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very nitpicky detail, but I've recently been fixing up my '99 e320 after my grandmother giving it to me, not working, of course. Everything functions now other than the high beam flashers. I have already taken the lever out to see if anything obvious was the matter, but it looks okay. I checked every single fuse in the car and they all are in working condition. The only thing I can think of at this point is if their is some sort of relay malfunctioning or a broken wire hidden away somewhere, or the lever itself could be the issue. I hope somebody can help me with this, despite it being such a minuscule issue.

On a side note, my grandma said that the "lamp malfunction" message on the instrument cluster has always plagued her since she bought the car and it continues to do so for me. No matter how many times she took it in to get it fixed, it would always come back, and there was no obvious light malfunction. Could the non functioning flasher be the cause of this?

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,905 Posts
Check the attached diagram out. There is a switch which controls the high beam and high beam flash in the steering wheel side of the combination stalk. Check if the high beams work. It is likely a bad switch or the fuse as indicated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 E320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the attached diagram out. There is a switch which controls the high beam and high beam flash in the steering wheel side of the combination stalk. Check if the high beams work. It is likely a bad switch or the fuse as indicated.
When I push the stalk forward to turn on the high beams, they do in fact work as intended, its just the flashers that don't.

·
Registered
1996 SL500, 2000 E430
3,803 Posts
Seems to be a common problem in the R129. At least in my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts