Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 ge and 300gd
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have yet to work out how the 460 lamp wash works as it has no dedicated switch. The three switches for the back door being heater, wash/wipe and delay/continuous wipe. Noother funtion switches visibly marked or present.

The pump is fine and all works if wired direct.

The BOOK says that it is connected in with the wiper operation and the wiring diagram shows it working via the wiper delay relay, but cannot get it to function.

I have checked fuse 9 which controls the system there being no power on either side of the fuse. Does the wiper dalay relay send a pulse to the washer motor or is it triggered by other actions.

The handbook wiring being the size it is is difficult to follow as the identical parted 280ge seems to differ in connections.

If you use your lamp wash please embaras me by telling me what makes it function. and any cure other than a directly wired spring loaded push switch.

Dave

·
Registered
1989 300GD SWB
84 Posts
Hello Dave,

On my 460 300GD the lampwash only works when the lights are on, is this what you meant?

Regards

Richard

·
Registered
573 Posts
They're here <poltergeist voice>...........

Der Fliegende Holländer said:
This is A-100% correct. No headlights on = no headlight washer.

Get answers to this and many other G related questions at:

http://tinyurl.com/e8x7t

Hi Dutch,

Why "The Flying Dutchman" alias in German and the indirect link to Pointed Three dot com?

I thought you were done haunting this place?

v/r,

-Sean Philyaw

·
Registered
280 ge and 300gd
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for above posts

The problem is that the handbook says only OPTIONAL and then gives no switch or operation sequency as to how the lamp washers work.

Both the GD/GE books give the same and the w/s manuals are without info.

Whilst not needed it would be nice if they work its that G thing.

So to get the washers to work the headlamps on and what else to activate the sequence and is it one or multiple blasts of water.

As stated the switches all either dicate back door functions so the switch allocation is either dual function or is it via a occasional blast of water.

Dave

·
Registered
230 G BGS 300G TDI
965 Posts
Put main lights on, press column stalk to wash wind screen, you will wash head lights also. empties reservoir quickly.

·
Registered
1989 300GD SWB
84 Posts
Hi Dave,

headlights on and then use the windscreen wash, the headlampwashers will squirt water as long as you wash the windscreen.
Well, thats how it works on mine...

Richard

·
Registered
147 Posts
EuroTruck said:
Hi Dutch,

Why "The Flying Dutchman" alias in German and the indirect link to Pointed Three dot com?

I thought you were done haunting this place?

v/r,

-Sean Philyaw
Am I the only person here who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about? The rest of this thread seems to make perfect sense. Is it some kind of code? :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts