Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the part # or where to purchase the headlamp retaining clip? It's just the little metal thing that keeps the halogen headlamps in place. Thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not familiar with what EPC is, but when I called the dealer they were suggesting that it was part of the WHOLE headlight assembly and not to be separated. Something along the lines of $390, which is completely ridiculous.

·
Banned
4 Posts
I am not familiar with what EPC is, but when I called the dealer they were suggesting that it was part of the WHOLE headlight assembly and not to be separated. Something along the lines of $390, which is completely ridiculous.
Yeah that is right you cannot just bought that headlamp retaining clip alone you need to purchase the whole thing. Just look at the junk shop / surplus parts they might have one. Just try your luck it is not easy to find.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Yeah that is right you cannot just bought that headlamp retaining clip alone you need to purchase the whole thing. Just look at the junk shop / surplus parts they might have one. Just try your luck it is not easy to find.
Well what do you expect in a Mercedes part? That aint really cheap even in surplus. It is best to buy a new one some dealers includes headlight assembly for free.

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, everybody. I was able to purchase a new pair of H7 retaining clips for $7. I ordered a few pairs just in case my little experiment goes wrong again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same problem.Can i ask you that where you ordered it from? Thank you
I got them off of eBay from a guy/gal in Hong Kong. I got a couple of pairs shipped for about $14. Just search eBay for H7 mercedes clip or something similar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts