Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i want to put an after market head unit into the car. but currently i have a radio that takes the entire radio hole, i currently have this http://photos.ebizautos.com/6759/2252790_13.jpg but i want to put in a pioneer head unit and i need a kit that will allow me to install it. its like a case that i put into the hole so i can put in the head unit (on the top and an accessory space on the bottom). it looks something like this http://www.whnet.com/4x4/radio/99mercedes_ml320_rsilver_sm.jpg does anyone know where i can buy this online? i just need the kit not the radio. thanks

(also, i have a 2001 ml320)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i looked through your posted but couldn't seem to find a website that would sell a kit. can you please link me to it?

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree with joe alot of members have updated the MCS search the forums for advice and pics of the installs

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what i really want is a Auxiliary input. i looked on the internet and the best way is to just remove the stock radio and add a new one. are there any other ways to add a aux input into my car?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also is there a kit that can allow me to hook up RCA (red and white) inputs to my current stock radio?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry it took me so long-i lost my camera ((

Sorry for low q pics-this is the best i can do with my BB Pearl ))

1.GPS ntenna on dashboard in right corner-nothing fansy just stick it there with doublesided tape,IMHO doesnt look too bad )) run antenna cable strait down to the floor.

2.GPS box - screwd to plastic panel in the right (as you can see ))

3.medialink interface all-in-one adapter box-on the right side

4.head unit-fit right in

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
madsleg, i have a question about the Jensen. is it an easy install? like whats the installation like? so all i have to do is take out the old one and put the new one in? also i have an after market sub woofer in the car that has its own amp. will the Jensen work with it? thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
madsleg, i have a question about the Jensen. is it an easy install? like whats the installation like? so all i have to do is take out the old one and put the new one in? also i have an after market sub woofer in the car that has its own amp. will the Jensen work with it? thanks
Installation was very simple-took me 3 hours and 12 pack ))
basically plug`n`play ))
Yes you have to take out your old ugly and useless stereo ))
I also have an aftermarket sub with its own amp and with VM9022 it sounds like never before,Jensen has SUBWOOFER AV output AND !!!! in set up you have an option to choose 4.1 sound- (4 speakers and subwoofer)

also there was no need for switches or pulse boxes to enable you DVD screen play videos while you drive
hidden menu take care of this problem
if you will get VM9022 i can tell you how to open that hidden menu and what to da or you can find it yourself thru Google

·
Registered
681 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts