Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that pulling the headlight switch out turns the fog lights on... for some reason today I pulled it again (no idea what made me do it) and it came out a 2nd click. What's this do? I didn't see anymore lights come on front or back.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the second click should be for the rear fog lights. on the 190E, the rear tail lights have an extra light so that when u r in foggy weather, u pull the knob out twice for the rear tail light fog lights to go on, jus a little bighter to let people know where u are.<br> <br> ryan

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryan's right. But US spec cars do not have rear fog lights. The switch is there, the bulb socket is there, but no bulb, and probably no wiring. Also, on cars equipped with the rear fog lights, when they are on, the orange light in the middle of the switch will come on as well.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was wondering that. My lights have another socket but they have no wiring going to it and no contacts for a bulb. I put spare bulbs in it. Though I thought it was weird that there was another socket and there was an unused portion of the tail light lense. Thanks though guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.