Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as we have a number of W169 owners on this forum Has anybody managed to locate the fuses for the front head lamps? On the W168 they have their own panel that apparently has gone?
The WIS information says there is an internal fuse box, like the W168 and an engine bay fuse area Also like the w168 but where is it on the W169?

·
Registered
ML500
140 Posts
lofty said:
Seeing as we have a number of W169 owners on this forum Has anybody managed to locate the fuses for the front head lamps? On the W168 they have their own panel that apparently has gone?
The WIS information says there is an internal fuse box, like the W168 and an engine bay fuse area Also like the w168 but where is it on the W169?
Internal fusebox is under right hand side front carpet, in same compartment as battery. lift the mat up, and you'll see the cover

Richard

·
Registered
MB A160
5 Posts
The fuse box is there and the fuse map but the bank with the headlight fuses is missing in my RHD W169. Maybe it is a fusible link for the headlights?
Cheers Jim

·
Registered
2006 A200 AvanteGard W169
3 Posts
11 Years later and I am still wondering where those darn fuses are?
I have found the fuses under the driver's seat, but they only go up to 54...

Eish!!!

·
Outstanding Contributor
A200 Sports Coupé C169 2006
988 Posts
Fuses 55, 56 and 62 only fitted, if there's an adaptive light option present (cornering light), otherwise the SAM handles the over-current protection for the front lights (E1 and E2).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks MB David,

I have no power to low beams and am wanting to check the fuse. Globes are not blown.
I have checked the fuse box and there is no carrier for fuses 55 on...

Even went as far as to strip the sides of the dashboard to find an 'additional' fuse box, but with no luck.

What is the SAM that you mentioned?

·
Outstanding Contributor
988 Posts
SAM is a Signal Acquisition & Actuation Module - a little magic box of tricks, that handles all the lights and actuation of most functions in the car, like illuminated door sills go off after five minutes of doors been open, etc, etc. It also monitors the external lights for blown bulbs and other mischief :) like LED lights where they not supposed to be, etc.

As you car is RHD, it will be in the left footwell, just behind the glove box.

Do you have an error message in the instrument cluster display, saying the low beam lights are out?
If not, then the fault is likely with the SAM itself - i.e. a relay is blown, or something along those lines.

Here's a couple of files that might help.

The headlights are E1 (left) and E2 (right). The low beam bulbs are E1e2 and E2e2 respectively.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
988 Posts
I thought I should provide you with a more to the point info, just in case you got lost in all the diagrams in above docs.

The Low (e2) and High (e1) Beams are marked red and green respectively:

Marked are:

Connector numbers
Pins numbers
Wire colours
Light bulbs

Left Light is E1, right light is E2

Should be simple from here :wink

·
Registered
3 Posts
What to replace...

Thanks MBDavid,

I managed to strip the cubby and panels to reveal the SAM unit.
Interesting and concise video here:

Now, do I replace the relay (Yellow one) at E in the bottom relay box?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts