Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im currently into improving my 2002 e class...so i think im in the correct forum :p forgive me i am new and not an expert. i want to change the lamps on the car from the standard 'yellow' to white...i dont want the expensive real xenon lamps thingy just ones that give white light. from your experience and knowledge what lamps shall i replace them with and im wondering if anything can be done to the break lights. thnks :)

·
Registered
W210, W211, W163
274 Posts
Chage!

I think you should be on the W211 forum but since I have dealt with headlights I would try to help. The cheapest way to get a white color is buy light bulbs with a higher color temperature on ebay. You can find them for around $10 on ebay shipped. First check what bulb your headlamps use, on ours we use H7 yours might be the same but I don't know. You can check the old bulb it should have the number or check online or manual. Then go to ebay and buy a pair of bulbs that have a color temperature of at least 6000k. 6000k is about white light if you get 8000k bulbs you will have more bluish/purple light. BTW those lights on ebay will do the job but are not the highest quality, meaning who knows how long they last, but I used them last year for about 9 months with no problem, until sold the car.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
His car

is a w210 model.
Go to www.danielsrernlighting.com
get 4 of his H7 rally 65 watt bulbs,polish your lenses per the diy in the diy section.Srern also has brighter brake bulbs,side marker bulbs and diadem bulbs for the directionals that look clear until you put on the directionals and then they flash amber.
The ebay bulbs are a joke.
ohlord:bowdown:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts