Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've decided to attempt changing the head gasket on my 95 C220, I've got my hands on a service manual and got all the parts and tools I need.
I was just looking to get any tips or hints to make the job go smoothly?

Cheers,
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
2000 C230 Sport
28 Posts
Take pictures of everything as you disassemble, mark lines with masking tape/something as you disconnect, and put like bolts (IE valve cover bolts) in seperate ziploc bags with a label of what they go to inside the bag with them.

·
Registered
1995 C220
2 Posts
I am working on same project. Everything has gone pretty well except for wiring falling apart. I guess I will try splicing, can't afford the harness, or don't think the car would be worth investing another grand with 275,000 miles. So, I would say not to unhook anything "wires" that is not necessary, and try to avoid the wires altogether.

Its almost together, one other problem that I am worried about that is due to a momentary loss of geometric skills. I some how convinced myself that 90 degrees was 1/2 turn, therefore when torque the head bolts I went a total of 1 turn past torque value, not the 1/2 turn I was supposed to do. Now I really don't know if it would be better to loosen the head bolts and redo or just leave as is. Anybody have an opinion on that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts