Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dropped my benz for some work and dealer put dent on my rear bumper. [}:)] dealer fixed it but it is not good job and they are not willing to fix it. what should i do? i don't want to pay $400 get it fixed because of dealer ship made a mistake. help

·
Registered
'2000 S500
4 Posts
HBL MB Dealer

Another one???
I was there just a month ago and watched as a serviceman backed up a ML320 into another customers ML320 while he was still sitting in his car...He dented both cars pretty badly...This seems to be a recurring event at this dealership.

Also, I would like to add that that particular dealership (HBL in VA) has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I figured since I spent over $80k on my S500, I would be given some service with a smile....nothing of the sort. In actuality, every time I pulled into the garage I would have to get out of the car and search for a serviceman to take my car in.

I have been there 3 times, and will never go there again. I would rather drive an additional 10 miles and go to the ASC (American Service Center) where you are at least spoken to as a customer.

I own a BMW 5-series as well, and let me tell you their customer service is AMAZING!! You don't even have to make an appointment to have something minor looked at. They'll do it ON THE SPOT!

Don't get me wrong...I still love Mercedes cars more than the BMW's, but the customer service has got to improve! HBL seems to be a very arrogant dealership and something needs to be done about them. It's just not acceptable behavior.

·
Registered
S430
7 Posts
Amen to that !! I took my S class there for my 60,000 mile service and a couple of minor t...

Amen to that !! I took my S class there for my 60,000 mile service and a couple of minor tweaks to get fixed. They fixed half of them and a couple of weeks after my service I started hearing noises from the front left wheel area a creaking sound every time I drive it and when I get out it makes another loud racheting sound as the air-matic suspesnion rights itself. When I took it back for them to fix they told me the first time they couln't hear it the sencond time they said it was the left front rocker arm and the third time I took it back for the same irritaitng sound they replaced the left rocker arm. Apparently, the second time I brought it in they replaced the wrong rocker arm. It still made the noise and now I have a ding in my front fender that wasn't there when I dropped it off and a small chip into my front wheel. I too will never take my car back there even though they are closer. I'm taking it to American Service Center next week and will post the outcome here. By the way, HBL's models are notoriously higher than the other dealerships in the region and as for their service let me just give you comment a rental car worker made to me when I was getting a rental for the second time I brought the car in. "I'm sorry sir, we don't have any more Mercedes to rent out to you while your car is being worked on in fact we don't have many cars at all ( I did get one) I asked him why he said that and he told me that yesterday was a bad day and they rented out almost all of their 200 rental cars in ONE DAY!!! The problem with that dealership is that hey have too many cars on their lot and you can't walk two feet without bumping into one I don't know how it took the fourth time I brought my car there before I got a ding on it. They are also in the throes of remodeling their dealership and moving their Porsche and Audi's accorss the street. They will only sell Mercedes and Aston Martins. Nevetheless I'll never take my car there again and I ask anyone who reads this to think twice before taking your car there - even for routine maintenance. . . . seriously.

·
Registered
2001 c320
23 Posts
Stay Away!

Stay away from HBL...

I've given them three chances and they are absolutely INEPT. You can read about my experiences under my other posts.

I bring the car in and I end up with more broken items upon leaving, i.e. my hood latches and power window controls. They take no responsibilty--only your cash!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts