Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having a problem with a haze building up on the inside middle of their windshield? Mine appears about a day or so after cleaning. It's annoying as heck and happens whether top vent is open or closed. HELP!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have not owned a car, M-B or otherwise where this is not a problem. The best so far has been the ML. AFAIK it is vapour from the dash that deposits on the window. If you park in the sun all day it's worse. Our SLK is the worst. I think the larger the cabin, the better. I keep a terry cloth in the car and wipe the windscreen every couple of days, and then clean properly every couple of weeks.<br> <br> Daniel,<br> '01 ML430<br> '01 SLK230 Kompressor

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Air Conditioning Haze?

Are you talking about the fog that builds up from the cold air conditioing? I have that too and cant figure out how to get rid of it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Air Conditioning Haze?

I dont think it's air conditioning only. I still get it when just the vent is open. Howerver during further looks at the windshield I have found that there is a definate deposit of some kind there. Normal cleaners have failed to remove it. My next try will be with straight white vinegar. I will post if effective.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haze on windshield fix

I have been having the same problem for a month after getting my C320. I used windex spray and wiped it off with newspapers. So far it's been a week and I have not seen the vapor/chill marks on the center of my window. I also keep the dial turned down so no air is blowing on the glass.<br> <br> hope that helps.<br> -k1

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not only haze but actually dust that deposits on the windshield from central air diffuser. Never have this with previous MBs. Wonder if something wrong with the air filter.<br> <br> Mist on the windshield is a different issue. You can turn down the diffuser dial.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YES! I JUST BOUGHT A NEW 02 C-230 KOMP COUPE. IT HAVE BEEN HAZEY SINCE I BOUGHT IT. THE ONLY SOLUTION I HAVE FOUND IS TO USE A REALLY GOOD GLASS CLEANER W/NEWSPAPER TO WIPE OFF. THE NEWSPAPER DOES NOT HAVE ANY FIBERS ON IT,I.E. USING A TERRY CLOTH TOWEL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts