Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985td300 and 1984cd
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home in the day light hours .I of course used my turning indicaters but i never touched the light switch, I glanced at the dash and noticed that the flashers were both on .To date I have not been able to shut them off . Turning the ignition key to off did not shut them off . They just keep flashing.
I had to pull the fuse .That shut them off, but of course I have no turning lights.
Any thoughts as to the root of my problem and its solution. Joe

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad switch. I'm not sure how hard it is to take one apart but you may be able to just clean it, otherwise just look around the salvage yard for another. A few people are parting out cars on this board, try them, I'm sure one of them will have a good switch.

A

·
0 Posts
since u say u never touched the switch, my feelings are to check for a "bad" frozen up turn signal relay under the dash. or if u'v got high mileage, the internals of ur turn signal lever may be worn out/broken, cauing electrical contact which makes all ur lights flash. dad's replaced many of those on these cars, so it is possible that it went bad. with lower mileage though, it cant be worn out, so check ur relay under the dash.

·
Registered
1985td300 and 1984cd
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok The problem was corrected. The problem was stupitity on my part. All I had to do was to ignore the owners manual that came with the car . The console shown is not the same . All I had to do is find the right switch.And turn it off. O well I am 80 and still learning.Just goes to show that us old guys don't know it all.

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
We've all done things like that before. I once had a car that wouldn't start, I spent a week going through the ignition and fuel systems. Mind you, I was much younger at the time. Anyway, it turned out the problem was the distrubutor rotor, the location key had somehow sheared off causing my ignition timing to be way off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts