Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1979 450SL Anthracite with red interior, 17" AMG wheels
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been some months since I was over here on the forum. A few things have changed since then. You will recall I got an 82 Corvette in a Craigslist buy, that was after I got hit in my 450SL and insurance paid. Well I'm happy to say the Corvette is gone too. Traded it for a 95 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 5 speed. Pretty nice really, and zero rust, none. The only thing with rust was the hitch ball I put in the reciever off of my Dodge Ramcharger. Na this is nice and clean. Well I still think about all you guys from when I was there, and for you newcomers, you couldn't of fell into a better group of Guys & Girls, and I think your probably starting to suspect that by now. Well Jeeps.......... I ought to go over to the river and go catfishing now. I really havn't been trail riding, just a dirt road or two, but one nice thing, the straight six has plenty of power, 190 hp and I'm getting about 18-19 mpg in it, and I suspect a slight bit more on the freeway at 60-65 mph which is turning just around 1800rpm. Though not as watertight as It could be when I get a hard top for it ....soon.... it's not really bad. Lets just call it an adventure aka Indiana Jones. Well folks, hope your having a good time in your 107's, or and Merc's for that matter, and your summer (Northern Hemispheres) has been productive and you southerners .......well ........making the best of it. I'm so looking forward to Fall though, and while it's not been bad here in North Carolina, I'm due for a little less humidity and some chill in the mornings.

Well all........ lov you clowns,.....be good .....or be quick...lol.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'85 380SL (155Kmiles), '82 240D stick, '80 300SD, '77 240D, '89 BMW 535i, 3 VW Diesels, 2 Triumphs
1,553 Posts
What a coincidence.

I was just doing my daily CL perusing , found this , and thought of you...

1978 mercedes sl 107 body parts rear quarter

Glad to hear from you. You need to get back in a real car..you really are straying a bit..Jeep?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,979 Posts
Well, I had a Jeep Cherokee once - never cared for it much, especially after it spun out on ice one fine day, and went into its "death spiral." Fortunately I didn't die.

But thanks for thinking of us, and for your kind words - and I hope your Jeep serves you well. Glad you're not being a stranger to us.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Well it's been some months since I was over here on the forum. Well all........ lov you clowns,.....be good .....or be quick...lol.
I'm glad you are well....thanks for checking in.

Keep on, keeping on.

·
Registered
1987 MB 560sl, Champagne/Burgundy, 83K miles, decent shape
658 Posts
Hey GoHot
Glad to hear from you.
So, what was the problem with the vette?
I'm curious, as I have always admired the vettes from afar.
Please give us the details!!!

Be safe Jeepster!

·
Registered
1993 600SL, 1973 450 SL,1982 380SL,1998 SLK 230, 1968 Firebird, 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4,2005 Ford Escape
5,247 Posts
Hi Gohot ! Always good to have our Ol Benz Brothers check in ! Didn't like the Tupperware car for the long haul huh? I've had Jeeps for years. They can be a blast. Keep us posted !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts