Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 ML320 mercedes benz. Recently put down the back seats. The seat with only one seat came up fine, but the seat with two is refusing to come up even when I grab and pull up the unlock button at the top of the seat. How do I fix this?

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3
2,982 Posts
What would this loose cable look like? And where would it be?
Typically long and round, and under the seat. :D

Seriously, check behind some of the controls, make sure the cables are attached. That's a good first step. Also, make sure no foreign objects have worked themselves under the seats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looked under the seat and couldn't find any lose cables. I did find one that was like a string that ran across the bottom of the seat.

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
Look for a lever, which is located at the seat on the opposite side of the door. This lever has a hook where the cable notch/head attaches.

I know it is difficult but you need to feel your way under the seat where the lever is and move it in order to release the seat lock. I had to do this several times on my ML 320 until I got tired and secured the cable notch to the lever hook.

See photos below...

Note: I just posted another photograph.. Seems like the lever changed from my old 2001 ML 320 to my current 2005 ML 500.. It is more like a rotating tube with a tab... You can see the cable how it pulls the lever around the tube...

AC

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts