Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought u guys/girls might be interested to see what goes on behind the dash of our SLK's.

These pics were taken during my recent stereo/alarm/gps modifications.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
190E 2.3 & SLK230K
403 Posts
:::faint:::

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
What happened to your car? The steering wheel is on the wrong side
no its not !! we were here first !!

But then everyone tells me my wheel is on the wrong side, as my SLK is LHD, living in a RHD country...

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Looks like a lot of work. Thanks for posting the pictures.

How about posting pictures of your system now that we have seen at least part of the process.

·
Registered
SLK 230 yellow
200 Posts
Is that extra door insulation? If so does it help make the cabin quieter? Also when it went back together were things tight or did you get alot of squeakies? Looks like a lot of detail work. [:)]

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
BlueBenz - 3/17/2005 5:47 AM

But then everyone tells me my wheel is on the wrong side, as my SLK is LHD, living in a RHD country...
I took the ferry over from Belgium years ago with a LHD vehicle, what a pain trying to drive in a RHD country. I feel for you doing it on a daily basis. You have to really trust your co-pilot (when you have one) in order to pass another car on the narrow back roads.

·
Registered
SLK32AMG
712 Posts
That's dynamat. Yes, it is a sound dampener. It will get rid of panel buzzing when you drive your speakers hard. If you rap on a panel with mat on it, you will hear a thud rather a ringing sound. It won't get rid of the squeaks and rattles though.

·
Registered
98 SLK230
28 Posts
RE: Save some of that Dynamat for the Camel Jockeys

Dam i probably have the fattest system out of all you guys and I still dont need to dynamat all that shit. Keep it in the trunk.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts

Shmer_cedes - 3/17/2005 3:04 PM

Dam i probably have the fattest system out of all you guys and I still dont need to dynamat all that shit. Keep it in the trunk.
Put your money where your mouth is and post some pictures and info.

·
Registered
'98 SLK230, 2007 Black E63 AMG
189 Posts

Shmer_cedes - 3/17/2005 3:04 PM

I just installed dynamat in my doors (similar to what is in this thread) and it workds GREAT! THe road noise is really reduced, and the doors have a very nice "thud" when you close them. Also, I cna listen to my stereo at lower volumes now since there is less road noice.
I highly recommend this mod, and you can get a 2 door kit for like 50$ on ebay and it has plenty to do both door.

PT

·
Registered
99 230 SLK Sport
42 Posts
Anybody know how to remove a door panel?

On my door panels, the lower molded panel that meets the door hadle you pull on to close the door has come unglued towards the rear by the seats. It's also the panel used as an arm rest. I'd like to take off the panels and try to fix this.

Anybody else's door panels coming unglued?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts